What is a Cookie?
Cookies are files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded onto the user’s device when visiting our website. Their main purpose is to recognise the user each time they visit the website (using identifiers that do not allow us to associate the information with any person or persons), whilst also allowing us to improve the quality and usability of our websites. Cookies are essential for the internet to function; they cannot damage the user’s equipment/device, and, if they are activated in your browser’s settings, they help us to identify and solve potential operational errors on our website.
Types of cookies used
Cookies can be classified (1) according to the entity that manages them, (2) according to their purpose and (3) according to the period of time they remain activated.
Our website uses the following cookies:
According to the Manager:
- First-party cookies: those sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by our company and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those sent to the user´s device from a computer or domain not managed by our company, but a third one, which processes the data obtained by the cookies. Amongst these are those used by social networks (like Facebook) or by external content complements (like Google Maps).
According to purpose:
- Technical cookies: They allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it. Those cookies the company uses to allow the management and operation of the web page, enable its functions and services and identify the user, are included in this category.
- Cookies of Preference or Personalisation: these allow to collect information so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate his experience from that of other users. Examples are: language, the number of results to show when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser used to access the service or the region from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analytical or Measurement cookies: these cookies, processed by us or by third parties, enable us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. In order to improve the offer of products or services, your browsing through our website is analyzed.
- Behavioural advertising: these cookies store information regarding the users online behaviour. This information is obtained by the continuous observation of the user´s browsing activities, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
According to the timeframe they remain active:
- Session Cookies: Session cookies only last as long as your visit and are deleted when the user closes their browser. Their main purpose is to identify the type of device and to support the website´s security or its basic functionality. They contain no personal details that would allow them to identify a person.
- Permanent of Persistent Cookies: These are store don the device´s hard disc, and the website reads them every time the user visits the website again. They have a pre-defined expiry date; once reached, the cookie stops working. They allow one to identify the user´s actions and preferences, thus helping to analyse visits, to understand how users arrive at our website and to improve the services it offers.
By using our website, the user specifically agrees that we may use these types of cookies on their device. However, if you disable cookies, it will not affect your browsing on our websites.
/ Third Party
|_ga||optional||third-party||2 years||Google Analytics Cookie: used to identify users.|
|_gat||optional||third-party||1 min||Google Analytics Cookie: used to throttle the request rate.|
|_gid||optional||third-party||24 h||Google Analytics Cookie: used to identify users.|
|catAccCookies||necesary||first||1 year||Remembers your choice of cookies.|
|dpr||necesary||third-party||Expires at end of browser session||Facebok cookies, shows iframe of facebook.|
User Settings to Avoid Cookies
Regardless of the circumstances, this is to inform you that you may block or disable the cookies that are not required to use our website by activating the browser settings that enable you to reject the installation of all or some of the cookies. The majority of browsers allow you to flag up cookies when they are present or to reject them automatically. If you reject them, you may continue to use our website, although some of its services may be limited and your experience of our website therefore less satisfactory.