What is a Cookie?
Cookies are files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded onto the user’s device when visiting our website. Their main purpose is to recognise the user each time they visit the website (using identifiers that do not allow us to associate the information with any person or persons), whilst also allowing us to improve the quality and usability of our websites. Cookies are essential for the internet to function; they cannot damage the user’s equipment/device, and, if they are activated in your browser’s settings, they help us to identify and solve potential operational errors on our website.
Types of Cookies
There are different kinds of cookies. They all work in the same way, but there are some small differences:
- Session Cookies. Session cookies only last as long as your visit and are deleted when the user closes their browser. Their main purpose is to identify the type of device and to support the website’s security or its basic functionality. They contain no personal details that would allow them to identify a person.
- Permanent or Persistent Cookies. These are stored on the device’s hard disc, and the website reads them every time the user visits the website again. They have a pre-defined expiry date; once reached, the cookie stops working. They allow one to identify the user’s actions and preferences, thus helping to analyse visits, to understand how users arrive at our website and to improve the services it offers.
- Functionality Cookies. These allow the site to remember decisions taken by users, like their login or identifier. The information from these cookies is anonymous (it does not contain your name, address or any other personal details.).
- Third-Party Cookies. Third-party cookies are cookies installed by a website that the user is not visiting, such as those used by social networks (like Facebook) or by external content complements (like Google Maps).
- Analytical Cookies. The purpose of these cookies is to carry out regular maintenance and to guarantee the user the best functionality and service by compiling information on their activity.
By using our website, the user specifically agrees that we may use these types of cookies on their device. However, if you disable cookies, it will not affect your browsing on our websites.
|Name||First / Third Party||Duration||Purpose|
|_ga||third-party||2 years||Google Analytics Cookie: used to identify users.|
|_gat||third-party||1 min.||Google Analytics Cookie: used to throttle the request rate.|
|_gid||third-party||24h||Google Analytics Cookie: used to identify users.|
|cdp-cookies-plugin-wp||first-party||1 year||Remembers your choice of cookies.|
|csrftoken||third-party||1 year||api.instagram.com: shows Instagram images.|
|rur||third-party||Expires at end of browser session||api.instagram.com: shows Instagram images.|
|urlgen||third-party||Expires at end of browser session||api.instagram.com: shows Instagram images.|
User Settings to Avoid Cookies
Regardless of the circumstances, this is to inform you that you may block or disable the cookies that are not required to use our website by activating the browser settings that enable you to reject the installation of all or some of the cookies. The majority of browsers allow you to flag up cookies when they are present or to reject them automatically. If you reject them, you may continue to use our website, although some of its services may be limited and your experience of our website therefore less satisfactory.